Install Steam Game Servers On Your Linux VPS
Hello everyone, in this guide I will be showing you how to install a dedicated server for your favorite steam games I am going to use Garry's Mod as an example.
1. First update your server.
To do this simply type one of the following depending on your chosen version of Linux.
- CentOS :
yum install update
apt-get install update
2. Next up you want to make sure you have all the dependencies installed for the server so type the following.
yum install mailx postfix curl wget bzip2 gzip unzip python binutils bc tmux glibc.i686 libstdc++ libstdc++.i686 zlib-devel
sudo dpkg --add-architecture && sudo apt update; sudo apt install mailutils postfix curl wget file bzip2 gzip unzip bsdmainutils python util-linux ca-certificates binutils bc tmux lib32gcc1 libstdc++6 libstdc++6:i386 lib32z1
3. For the next step you want to create a new user for your server, I recommend that you name it like this "gamenameserver" to do this type:
4. Now we will give this new user a password.
5. Set your password.
6. Now we want to login as that new user so you type the following.
su - gmodserver
7. Now install Linux Game Server Manager (LGSM).
wget https://linuxgsm.com/dl/linuxgsm.sh && chmod +x linuxgsm.sh && bash linuxgsm.sh gmodserver
At the end you can change gmodserver to your desired game for example "arkserver" "rustserver" and so on.
If it asks you for a username simply type anonymous or login with your steam account.
8. Once its done installing to start your freshly installed server type
Or what ever game you have chosen.
To see the full list of commands type
For the full list of compatible games go here:
Enjoy your new server and keep being awesome!
1 person likes this