VPS passwords are specific to each VPS and are encrypted to each virtual machine during deployment. That said, there are multiple methods for resetting a SkySilk VPS root password.
RESET A VPS ROOT PASSWORD FROM VPS DASHBOARD VIA FULL SYSTEM RESET:
1. Login to your SkySilk account.
2. Select the VPS in question.
3. Choose the RE-INSTALL tab and confirm.
*Please note this option will reset the entire machine to its original state, but will allow for you to set a new root password. If you want to retain your machine's data and also have an SSH Keypair set, you can reset your root password via the method below.
RESET A VPS USER PASSWORD USING PRIVATE SSH:
1. Connect to VM using your private key:
ssh -i /path/to/id_rsa firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Reset the root password (type the following command in the command prompt ending each line with pressing the Enter button on the keyboard):
passwd <user> Enter & Confirm New Password exit
<user> is typically 'root' unless you have specifically made and are trying to log in as a user other than root.