TABLE OF CONTENTS
- RESET A VPS ROOT PASSWORD FROM VPS DASHBOARD VIA FULL SYSTEM RESET:
- RESET A VPS USER PASSWORD USING PRIVATE SSH:
VPS passwords are specific to each VPS and are encrypted to each virtual machine during deployment. That said, there are multiple methods for resetting a SkySilk VPS root password.
RESET A VPS ROOT PASSWORD FROM VPS DASHBOARD VIA FULL SYSTEM RESET:
1. Login to your SkySilk account.
2. Select the VPS in question.
3. Choose the RE-INSTALL tab and confirm.
*Please note this option will reset the entire machine to its original state but will allow for you to set a new root password. If you want to retain your machine's data and also have an SSH Keypair set, you can reset your root password via the method below.
RESET A VPS USER PASSWORD USING PRIVATE SSH:
1. Connect to VM using your private key:
ssh -i /path/to/id_rsa [email protected]
2. Reset the root password (type the following command in the command prompt ending each line with pressing the Enter button on the keyboard):
Enter & Confirm New Password
<user> is typically going to be 'root' unless you have specifically made and are trying to log in as a user other than root.
Join our Private Discord Chat to chat with, as well as find community assistance from other Verified SkySilk Users: https://invite.gg/SkySilk