Jenkins is an open-source automation server. Jenkins is used for building and testing your software projects continuously making it easier for developers to integrate changes to the project, and making it easier for users to obtain a fresh build. This guide will show you how to deploy a Jenkins server using a SkySilk VPS.
How to set up a Jenkins server with SkySilk VPS in 9 Steps
If you want to restart the install process on your VM you can use the following command; 'turnkey-init'.
1. Deploy a SkySilk Jenkins VPS Template.
2. Login to your VPS. SSH into your VPS using [email protected] and the password you set in the SkySilk dashboard. If you are connecting from a Unix-like machine (Mac OS or Linux), or by using PuTTY with Windows then the command to connect is simply:
ssh [user]@[ip address]
where [user] is your username, typically root, and [ip address] is the IP address of the virtual machine.
# for example: ssh [email protected]
3. Enter and confirm a password for the Jenkins admin account:
4. Press Enter or Skip on the Initialize Hub Services screen:
5. Enter your email if you would like system notifications. Otherwise, press Enter.
6. Press Enter to Install Security Updates screen:
- Take note of your Jenkins domain addresses:
7. Navigate to your Jenkins server on the web. Open your web browser and go to your SkySilk VPS IP Address, you should be brought to your Jenkins login page. You may have to bypass security settings (click Proceed to IP Address to continue to your login page):
8. Login with the username 'admin' and the password you set in Step 3.
9. Start using your hosted Jenkins server with SkySilk!
For additional resources on specifics of using Jenkins, please consult Jenkins Support and Community reference material: