Apache Tomcat is an open-source web server. It allows the implementation of Java Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP) to promote an effective Java server environment. This guide will show you how to deploy a SkySilk VPS for Apache Tomcat hosting.
How to set up an Apache Tomcat server with SkySilk VPS in 9 Steps
If you want to restart the install process on your VM you can use the following command; 'turnkey-init'.
1. Deploy a SkySilk Apache Tomcat VPS Template.
2. Login to your VPS. SSH into your VPS using [email protected] and the password you set in the SkySIlk dashboard. If you are connecting from a Unix-like machine (Mac OS or Linux), or by using PuTTY with Windows then the command to connect is simply:
ssh [user]@[ip address]
where [user] is your username, typically root, and [ip address] is the IP address of the virtual machine.
# for example: ssh [email protected]
3. Choose a MySQL password and confirm:
4. Enter and confirm a new password for your Apache Tomcat admin account:
5. Press Enter or Skip on the Initialize Hub Services screen:
6. Enter your email if you would like system notifications. Otherwise, press Enter.
7. Press Enter to Install Security Updates screen:
- Take note of your Apache Tomcat domain addresses:
8. Navigate to your Apache Tomcat server on the web. Open your web browser and go to your SkySilk VPS IP Address, you should be brought to your Apache Tomcat control panel. You may have to bypass security settings (click Proceed to IP Address to continue to your login page):
9. Start using your hosted Apache Tomcat Server with SkySilk!
For additional resources on specifics of using Apache Tomcat, please consult Apache Tomcat Support and Community reference material: