Ansible is software that automates software provisioning, configuration management, and application deployment. It is used to improve the scalability, consistency, and reliability of your IT environment. This guide will show you how to deploy a SkySilk VPS for Ansible hosting.
How to set up an Ansible server with SkySilk VPS in 8 Steps
If you want to restart the install process on your VM you can use the following command; 'turnkey-init'.
1. Deploy a SkySilk Ansible VPS Template.
2. Login to your VPS. SSH into your VPS using [email protected] and the password you set in the SkySilk dashboard. If you are connecting from a Unix-like machine (Mac OS or Linux), or by using PuTTY with Windows then the command to connect is simply:
ssh [user]@[ip address]
where [user] is your username, typically root, and [ip address] is the IP address of the virtual machine.
# for example: ssh [email protected]
3. Enter and confirm an admin password for your Ansible admin account:
4. Press Enter or Skip on the Initialize Hub Services screen:
5. Enter your email if you would like system notifications. Otherwise, press Enter.
6. Press Enter to Install Security Updates screen:
- Take note of your Ansible domain addresses:
7. Navigate to your Ansible server on the web. Open your web browser and go to your SkySilk VPS IP Address, you should be brought to your Ansible control panel. You may have to bypass security settings (click Proceed to IP Address to continue to your login page):
8. Start using your hosted Ansible server with SkySilk!
For additional resources on specifics of using Ansible, please consult Ansible Support and Community reference material: