How to set up a Ruby on Rails server with SkySilk VPS in 8 Steps
If you want to restart the install process on your VM you can use the following command; 'turnkey-init'.
1. Deploy a SkySilk Ruby on Rails VPS Template.
2. Login to your VPS. SSH into your VPS using [email protected] and the password you set in the SkySilk dashboard. If you are connecting from a Unix-like machine (Mac OS or Linux), or by using PuTTY with Windows then the command to connect is simply:
ssh [user]@[ip address]
where [user] is your username, typically root, and [ip address] is the IP address of the virtual machine.
# for example: ssh [email protected]
3. Choose a MySQL password and confirm:
4. Press Enter or Skip on the Initialize Hub Services screen:
5. Enter your email if you would like system notifications. Otherwise, press Enter.
6. Press Enter to Install Security Updates screen:
- Take note of your Ruby on Rails domain addresses:
7. Navigate to your Ruby on Rails server on the web. Open your web browser and go to your SkySilk VPS IP Address, you should be brought to your Ruby on Rails control panel. You may have to bypass security settings (click Proceed to IP Address to continue to your login page):
8. Start using your hosted Ruby on Rails server with SkySilk!
For additional resources on specifics of using Ruby on Rails, please consult Ruby on Rails Support and Community reference material: