Wordpress is a free and open-source content management system. It is commonly used to easily create and manage a blog or website, using an editor in your browser instead of having to manage and edit code. This guide will show you how to deploy a SkySilk VPS for Wordpress hosting.
How to set up a Wordpress server with SkySilk VPS in 11 Steps
If you want to restart the install process on your VM you can use the following command; 'turnkey-init'.
1. Deploy a SkySilk Wordpress VPS Template.
2. Login to your VPS. SSH into your VPS using root@ipaddress and the password you set in the SkySilk dashboard. If you are connecting from a Unix-like machine (Mac OS or Linux), or by using PuTTY with Windows then the command to connect is simply:
ssh [user]@[ip address]
where [user] is your username, typically root, and [ip address] is the IP address of the virtual machine.
# for example: ssh firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Choose a MySQL password and confirm:
4. Enter and confirm a new password for your Wordpress admin account:
5. Enter an email address for the Wordpress admin account. Be sure to delete the example email before entering your own:
6. Press Enter or Skip on the Initialize Hub Services screen:
7. Enter your email if you would like system notifications. Otherwise, press Enter.
8. Press Enter to Install Security Updates screen:
- Take note of your Wordpress domain addresses:
9. Navigate to your Wordpress server on the web. Open your web browser and go to your SkySilk VPS IP Address, you should be brought to your Wordpress login page. You may have to bypass security settings (click Proceed to IP Address to continue to your login page):
10. Login with the email and admin password from steps 5 and 4 respectively.
11. Start using your hosted Wordpress server with SkySilk!
For additional resources on specifics of using Wordpress, please consult Wordpress Support and Community reference material: