PrestaShop is a freemium, open-source e-commerce platform. It has more than three hundred built-in features for managing product listing, payments, shipping, manufacturers, and suppliers. This guide will show you how to deploy a SkySilk VPS for PrestaShop hosting.
How to set up a PrestaShop server with SkySilk VPS in 12 Steps
If you want to restart the install process on your VM you can use the following command; 'turnkey-init'.
1. Deploy a SkySilk PrestaShop VPS Template.
2. Login to your VPS. SSH into your VPS using [email protected] and the password you set in the SkySilk dashboard. If you are connecting from a Unix-like machine (Mac OS or Linux), or by using PuTTY with Windows then the command to connect is simply:
ssh [user]@[ip address]
where [user] is your username, typically root, and [ip address] is the IP address of the virtual machine.
# for example: ssh [email protected]
3. Choose a MySQL password and confirm:
4. Enter an email address for the PrestaShop admin account. Be sure to delete the example email before entering your own:
5. Enter and confirm a password for the PrestaShop admin account:
6. Enter the IP address of your SkySilk VPS when prompted for a domain:
7. Press Enter or Skip on the Initialize Hub Services screen:
8. Enter your email if you would like system notifications. Otherwise, press Enter.
9. Press Enter to Install Security Updates screen:
- Take note of your PrestaShop domain addresses:
10. Navigate to your PrestaShop server on the web. Open your web browser and go to 'your SkySilk VPS IP Address'/administration, you should be brought to your PrestaShop login page. You may have to bypass security settings (click Proceed to IP Address to continue to your login page):
11. Login with the email and admin password from steps 5 and 4 respectively.
12. Start using your hosted PrestaShop server with SkySilk!
For additional resources on specifics of using PrestaShop, please consult PrestaShop Support and Community reference material: