How to set up a Node.JS server with SkySilk VPS in 8 Steps
If you want to restart the install process on your VM you can use the following command; 'turnkey-init'.
1. Deploy a SkySilk Node.JS VPS Template.
2. Login to your VPS. SSH into your VPS using root@ipaddress and the password you set in the SkySilk dashboard. If you are connecting from a Unix-like machine (Mac OS or Linux), or by using PuTTY with Windows then the command to connect is simply:
ssh [user]@[ip address]
where [user] is your username, typically root, and [ip address] is the IP address of the virtual machine.
# for example: ssh email@example.com
3. Press Enter or Skip on the Initialize Hub Services screen:
4. Enter your email if you would like system notifications. Otherwise, press Enter.
5. Press Enter to Install Security Updates screen:
- Take note of your Node.JS domain addresses:
6. Navigate to your Node.JS server on the web. Open your web browser and go to your SkySilk VPS IP Address, you should be brought to your Node.JS login page. You may have to bypass security settings (click Proceed to IP Address to continue to your login page):
7. Start using your hosted Node.JS server with SkySilk!
For additional resources on specifics of using Node.JS, please consult Node.JS Support and Community reference material: