SugarCRM is a web application for customer relationship management. SugarCRM includes sales-force automation, marketing campaigns, customer support, collaboration, Mobile CRM, Social CRM and more. This guide will detail how to use a SkySilk VPS for SugarCRM hosting.
How to set up a SugarCRM server with SkySilk VPS in 10 Steps
If you want to restart the install process on your VM you can use the following command; 'turnkey-init'.
1. Deploy a SkySilk SugarCRM VPS Template.
2. Login to your VPS. SSH into your VPS using root@ipaddress and the password you set in the SkySilk dashboard. If you are connecting from a Unix-like machine (Mac OS or Linux), or by using PuTTY with Windows then the command to connect is simply:
ssh [user]@[ip address]
where [user] is your username, typically root, and [ip address] is the IP address of the virtual machine.
# for example: ssh email@example.com>
3. Choose a MySQL password and confirm:
4. Enter and confirm a new password for your SugarCRM admin account:
5. Press Enter or Skip on the Initialize Hub Services screen:
6. Enter your email if you would like system notifications. Otherwise, press Enter.
7. Press Enter to Install Security Updates screen:
- Take note of your SugarCRM domain addresses:
8. Navigate to your SugarCRM server on the web. Open your web browser and go to your SkySilk VPS IP Address (Web: http://62.52.85.xxx), you should be brought to your SugarCRM login page. You may have to bypass security settings (click Proceed to IP Address to continue to your login page):
9. Login with the username 'admin' and the password you set in Step 4.
10. Start using your hosted SugarCRM server with SkySilk!
For additional resources on specifics of using SugarCRM, please consult SugarCRM Support and Community reference material: