SimpleInvoices is a free, open-source, web-based invoicing system. It is a browser-based application that can be accessed anywhere with no fees or monthly subscription required. Easily track your finances, send invoices as PDF's, export to Word and Excel, utilize PayPal support and more. This guide will detail how to deploy a SkySilk VPS for SimpleInvoices hosting.
How to set up a SimpleInvoices server with SkySilk VPS in 11 Steps
If you want to restart the install process on your VM you can use the following command; 'turnkey-init'.
1. Deploy a SkySilk SimpleInvoices VPS Template.
2. Login to your VPS. SSH into your VPS using root@ipaddress and the password you set in the SkySilk dashboard. If you are connecting from a Unix-like machine (Mac OS or Linux), or by using PuTTY with Windows then the command to connect is simply:
ssh [user]@[ip address]
where [user] is your username, typically root, and [ip address] is the IP address of the virtual machine.
# for example: ssh firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Choose a MySQL password and confirm:
4. Enter and confirm a new password for your SimpleInvoices admin account:
5. Enter an email address for the SimpleInvoices admin account. Be sure to delete the example email before entering your own:
6. Press Enter or Skip on the Initialize Hub Services screen:
7. Enter your email if you would like system notifications. Otherwise, press Enter.
8. Press Enter to Install Security Updates screen:
- Take note of your SimpleInvoices domain addresses:
9. Navigate to your SimpleInvoices server on the web. Open your web browser and go to your SkySilk VPS IP Address, you should be brought to your SimpleInvoices login page. You may have to bypass security settings (click Proceed to IP Address to continue to your login page):
10. Login with the email and admin password from steps 5 and 4 respectively.
11. Start using your hosted SimpleInvoices server with SkySilk!
For additional resources on specifics of using SimpleInvoices, please consult SimpleInvoices Support and Community reference material: