Redmine Project Management is a Rails web application that provides integrated project management features, issue tracking, and support for multiple version control programs. It includes calendar and Gantt charts to aid visual representation of projects and their deadlines. It also features multi-project support, role-based access control, a per-project wiki, and project forums. This guide will detail how to deploy a Redmine server using a SkySilk VPS.
How to setup a Redmine server with SkySilk VPS in 10 Steps
If you want to restart the install process on your VM you can use the following command; 'turnkey-init'.
Deploy a SkySilk Redmine VPS Template.
- Login to your VPS. SSH into your VPS using root@ipaddress and the password you set in the SkySilk dashboard.
If you are connecting from a Unix-like machine (Mac OS or Linux), or by using PuTTY with Windows then the command to connect is simply:
ssh [user]@[ip address]
where [user] is your username, typically root, and [ip address] is the IP address of the virtual machine.
# for example: ssh firstname.lastname@example.org.XX
(Read: How To Access Linux VPS via SSH)
- Choose a mySQL password and confirm:
- Enter and confirm a new password for your Redmine admin account:
- Press Enter or Skip on the Initialize Hub Services screen:
- Enter your email if you would like system notifications. Otherwise press Enter.
- Press Enter to Install Security Updates screen:
- Take note of your Redmine domain addresses:
- Navigate to your Redmine server on the web. Open your web browser and go to your SkySilk VPS IP Address (Web: http://204.44.81.XX), you should be brought to your Redmine login page. You may have to bypass security settings (click Proceed to IP Address to continue to your login page):
- Login with the username 'admin' and your admin password from step 4 above:
- Start Using your Hosted Redmine Project Management Server with SkySilk!
For additional resources on specifics of using Redmine, please consult Redmine Support and Community reference material: